Friday, March 9, 2012

Holiday Flare


Some of you may have seen my tablescape over at my sister's blog - My Computer is My Canvas.  She was the one who inspired me to decorate for the holidays.  I am not the type to decorate the whole house for the holidays.  I just want a splash of holiday flare so I stick to decorating my dinning room table with a fun tablescape.  Throwing together some holiday flare is easy.  Here's what I like to do . . .


I love to decorate with food.  When I was looking for some St Patrick's Day decorations, there was not much to be found so I headed for the produce section of the grocery store where the limes caught my eye.  Since I was going for a green motif, limes were perfect.  Then I headed to the candy section and the Skittles wrapper caught my eye because of the rainbow.  These two items are not what you would normally think of when decorating for St Patty's Day, but because I was thinking outside the box I found some awesome additions to my tablescape. 


These little pots of gold are my favorite part of the tablescape.  They are actually cauldrons that I purchased during the Halloween season last year just for this purpose.  All I had to do was add some Rolos and some cute ribbon and the cauldrons were transformed.  I am always on the look out for some simple decorations that will make a fun addition to my tablescape all year round. 

I hope these tips will help you create a fun tablescape for your holiday flare.

No comments:

Post a Comment